Grey Wolf Award
The Grey Wolf Award is the pinnacle of the Cub Scout Section and there are a number of requirements involved in earning this big achievement.
The requirements for earning the Grey Wolf Award are:
- Gold Boomerang
- In the past 12 months have participated in a minimum of 4 outdoor activities
- One of which must be an overnight camp
- One should be an interpack activity
- Using a map, plan and lead a hike/day walk of at least two hours duration with a Leader and a group of three to six Cub Scouts. Make sure everyone has appropriate equipment, clothing, food and a personal first aid kit for the chosen walk. Only one Cub Scout per hiking/walking party can qualify for this award.
- In the past 12 months have attended 2 Pack Councils
- Have completed four Level 2 Achievement badges including one from each of the badge categories and one Special Interest badge (Landcare, Local History, Language Emblem, Waterwise, Their Service Our Heritage, Messengers of Peace or World Scout Environment Badge). All of these should be completed by the Cub Scout as an individual, rather than as a Pack Activity
- Develop and present a resource for your Six or Pack based on your understanding of the Jungle Books. Some suggestions are:
- a game (active, board or card)
- skit/play, puppets or a booklet
- a shoe box diorama
Grey Wolf Planner and Tracker
Once the Grey Wolf Applicant has completed all required achievements and recorded them in their Tracker, the Grey Wolf Applicant will go to Pack Council (a special meeting can be called if necessary) seeking approval from the Pack Council. A representative of the Pack Council will sign the form along with the Cub Scout Leader.
The Cub Scout Leader will send the Application Form to Youth Awards (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy to the DLCS and Group Leader. If the Application Form is knowingly being submitted outside of the guidelines, a letter describing the extenuating circumstances that deem the application worthy of special consideration must be submitted with the Application Form. See Special Consideration Request Policy for more information.
Youth Awards will check the form for completeness and follow up with the Cub Scout Leader if necessary. If the Application is correct and within guidelines, the Award will be mailed to the Cub Scout Leader.
If the Application is outside of the Grey Wolf guidelines and no request for special consideration has been provided, or the request for special consideration has been denied, notification will be sent to the Cub Scout Leader with a copy to DLCS and Group Leader. The Cub Scout Leader will inform the Applicant.
Grey Wolf Award Application Guidelines
Grey Wolf Award Application Form