Scouts Victoria is committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of all personal information and will apply the ‘Australian Privacy Principles’ as they apply from time to time.
- Personal information shall only be collected where the information is reasonably necessary for a function or activity of Scouts Victoria.
- Scouts Victoria will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects is accurate, up to date and complete.
- It is Scouts Victoria policy that Scouts Victoria members and employees are required to respect the confidentiality of members, parents, employees, and supporters’ personal information and the privacy of individuals. Scouts Victoria will endeavor to protect the personal information it holds from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
- Scouts Victoria will not sell personal information, including mailing address databases, to others.
- Youth members will generally be able to access and update their information through their parents/guardian, but youth members 16 years of age or above may seek access and correction themselves. Parents/guardian will generally be able to access personal information held by Scouts Victoria about a youth member for whom they are the parent/guardian.
Hard copy available upon request.
Enquiries and Complaints
Any enquires, complaints and requests for access can be made to: The Privacy Officer, Scouts Victoria, by mail to Victorian Scout Centre, 152 Forster Road, Mt Waverley, 3149
Or by email to email@example.com