What is Scouts | Terrain?
Unique to Scouts Australia, Scouts | Terrain is our custom-built digital platform designed for 21st century Scouting and is more than just a platform to record the achievement of our Scouts. Scouts | Terrain is a platform that will accompany the Scout throughout their journey and challenges Scouts to explore new adventures, to try new things, and to seek new pathways.
The Getting Started in Scouts | Terrain video is designed for youth members and adult Leaders who are just getting started to use the system. Topics covered include:
- How to login and set up your Scouts | Terrain account
- Why Scouts | Terrain is important and
- Why we have Scouts | Terrain
Exploring the Achievement Pathways in Scouts | Terrain video provides a brief overview and takes you through Basecamp and explores the Achievement Pathways. In addition:
- How Scouts can complete and submit to the Unit Council for Review> their Introduction to Scouting and Introduction to Section
- Some Special Interest Area Projects as well as their Outdoor Adventure Skills and
- How Scouts can see their progress in each of the Pathways
As a tool, Scouts | Terrain supports Scouts to experience the Program with focus on the creation and the delivery of our youth program for members, as well as effective reporting to help youth and adult Leaders continue to grow Scouting.
Technology and devices are a part of our world. They are a part of Scouting. They allow us to communicate, navigate, find information, learn and so much more. All of our youth members are digital natives. We need to harness technology and use it in the right ways to support, grow and improve Scouting.