Step your cycling skills up a gear with some of the fantastic activities offered through Scouting.
Whether you’re keen on the rush of mountain biking, have your dream bike hike planned, are a Leader wanting to take your youth members on cycling adventures or want to know your bike better, the Scout Cycling Team can deliver practical help and great advice.
For full information, dates, prices and registration links click the button above.
The Scout Cycling Team has qualified and trainee Mountain Bike Leaders who can run a variety of mountain biking courses and events:
- Come & Try Mountain Biking (OAS Stage 3-4): a three-hour taster experience
- Intro to MTB (OAS Stage 4-5): a day-long introduction to the technical skills of mountain biking
- Intermediate MTB Skills (OAS Stage 6-7): a day-long event to further develop MTB skills
- Intermediate Ride days/weekends (OAS Stage 6-7): social rides and events for MTB riders
- MTB Guide Skills course: Training for Leaders wanting to become MTB Guides
The Scout Cycling Team runs several cycling events that are open for youth members to participate throughout the year, such as:
- Rail trail rides: Single-day cycling-touring adventures
- Venturer Suburban Bike Hike: A weekend-long city-based bike hike
Jamboree on Pedals
Held in March each year, Jamboree on Pedals (JOP) encourages Scout Groups and Sections to get riding. Plan your cycling event for March, register your event and order the Jamboree on Pedals badge for your participants.
For planning resources and more information on JOP click here.
The Scout Cycling Team helps Groups and Sections to incorporate cycling activities as a part of their regular program. The team can also provide advice on cycling programs and bike hikes, as well as providing assessors for badge work. The team has bike trailers that can be hired out for use on bike hikes.
Cycling Skills for Section Leaders
This is a skill development course for Leaders who want to run cycling activities for their youth members (typically Joeys, Cubs & Scout sections). The course covers a range of skills, games and activities, as well as basic risk management and mechanical skills relevant to cycling.
The team can also provide advice on cycling programs and bike hikes, as well as providing assessors for badge work. The team has bike trailers that can be hired out for use on bike hikes.
The Scout Cycling Team also coordinates several training events around bike maintenance and mechanics for interested Scout members, as well as providing for hire mountain bikes, bike trailers and touring trailer (to tow behind a bike).
- Bike Maintenance (OAS Stage 4): Three hours covering basics of maintaining your bike
- Mechanical Skills (OAS Stage 5): Four hours covering introductory mechanical skills
- Advanced Bike Mechanics (OAS Stage 6-7): More advanced bike mechanical skills
The Cycling Team has some merchandise available for purchase, including drink bottles. Click here to see the full list and purchase items.
State Leader - Cycling
Lucas Moore, email@example.com