Scout Heritage Victoria
The Scout Heritage Victoria Adventure Centre allows youth members and adults to explore fun interactive activities as well as learning from a range of themes from past and present Scouting eras. You can explore an old style campsite, see how Scouts transported their gear to camp, learn about the Founder, Robert Baden-Powell and watch video clips on past Scouting activities.
Youth members will also be able to take an ‘exhibit quiz’ – searching for details in displays to complete a part of the Award Scheme Record Book which can be signed off at the end of the visit.
At the end of the tour, why not buy some old badges and memorabilia available from our shop?
Our collection provides an insight into the history of Scouting in Victoria and of the youth and adult members who have strived to deliver and facilitate the highest quality educational & developmental programs for youth since 1908. The collection has over 20,000 items and some of the highlights include:
- Uniforms of yesterday
- Lone Scout Fence Pickets
- Scouting for Boys in braille
- An extensive library including a copy of the 1912 Royal Charter and "Every Saturday"
- Jamboree memorabilia - Films, photographs, badges, awards, travel bags, meal tickets
- Changi Prisoner of War Rover Crew artefacts
- Our collection contains every edition and impression of "Scouting for Boys", except the original fortnightly parts, which we have in reproduction only
- Almost every book that B-P wrote, including the exceedingly rare "Sketches in Mafeking and East Africa", of which only two other copies are known to exist.
We also offer research for Groups and individuals seeking past Group and personal history information (i.e. King's Scout/Queen's Scout and other awards, etc).