Cub Scout Synchronised Campfire - 10 September 2022
Cub Scouts all around Victoria will join their Unit, Group, District or Region for a synchronised campfire at 7pm on Saturday 10 September 2022. There will be hundreds of campfires across Victoria, with Cubs joining in with singing, skits, campfire cooking and general fun.
Cuboree - 25-29 September 2023
A Cuboree is a massive camp over five days and four nights, held every three years for Cub Scouts.
Cubs camp out with their Leaders and parent helpers, and engage in a challenging activity program plus night-time entertainment.
A Cuboree is like a Jamboree for Scouts, but, while Jamborees are national or international events, Cuborees are State-based.
Cuboree is one of the biggest Cub Scout events in the world. More than one hundred times bigger than a typical school camp.
Our next Cuboree will be at Gilwell during the September school holidays 2023.
Applications have now opened! Click here start your application. You will need to generate a PIN to start off, which will be emailed to you. Applications close on 30 June 2023.
Cuboree Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost?
Cub Scouts: $400
Others: $200 (Venturers, Rovers, Leaders, adults)
When do applications close?
Cub Scouts: 30th June 2023
Others: 31st July 2023
Who can attend?
Full details are in the Terms and Conditions on the application system.
- Must be registered members of Scouts Victoria and invested in the Cub Scout section
- Must be a Cub Scout at the time of the event
- It is highly recommended that they have achieved Stage 2 Outdoor Adventure Skills (OAS) Camping by the commencement of the Cuboree.
- Must be registered members of Scouts Victoria and member of Venturer Scout section
- Must have approval from the Unit Council
- Must have consent from their parents/guardian
Rovers, Leaders, Adults:
- Must hold a Certificate of Adult Membership or Certificate of Adult Leadership at 25 August 2023
- Must hold a Victorian Working With Children Check (with proof of this on their Extranet record) as at 25 August 2023.
- Must have completed before 25 August 2023 and within 3 years of 29 September 2023, the WHS Scouting and the Child Safe Scouting eLearning modules.
How do I apply to attend Cuboree?
There are three steps to applying and being approved to attend Cuboree.
1. Generate a PIN. Click on the "Get Your PIN" button on this page (under the Cuboree logo), or click here. This will take you to a webpage where you will enter your contact details. This is matched to your membership record with Scouts Victoria. If a match is found, an email will be sent to the primary contact listed in the membership record. The email will contain your PIN, membership number and a link to login to create your application form.
2. Complete and Submit your Application. Use the link in the email from step 1, or click on the "Apply to Attend" button on this page, or click here. Enter all details for the application, upload an appropriate photo, then submit for approval.
3. The Group Leader / Leader in Charge will review and approve the application. Once approved, you will be sent an invoice for payment of the event fees.
The PIN details are emailed to the email address registered with Scouts Victoria. Email addresses can easily be changed by contacting either your Group Leader or Membership Support. Unfortunately, the Cuboree Admin team cannot change the email address on file for you.
Cuboree Inquiries: email@example.com