Better World Framework
The Better World Framework was developed by the World Organization of the Scout Movement in partnership with the United Nations as part of the Sustainable Development Goals initiative. It allows Scouts to become global citizens and take action to create a better world.
The Better World Framework portfolio includes initiatives that address four areas of education. Each initiative contains challenges aimed at inspiring young people to become active citizens.
The areas of education are as follows:
- Environment and Sustainability
- Peace and Community Engagement
- Health and Wellbeing
- Skills for Life
What does the Better World Framework do?
- It links and aligns programs and partnerships that focus on community development in Scouting with the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- It aligns all programs that support the development of Active Citizenship.
- It focuses our social impact by linking local efforts to global action.
- It fosters local and international networks and partnerships for sustainable development with external bodies and communities.