Be Informed is Scouts Victoria's main electronic communication tool and is sent weekly (on Tuesdays) to more than 9000 adult members including Leaders and Rovers.
We welcome your submissions of timely and relevant state-level information for members. So that we ensure relevancy for all members, the editorial team will reject district or region specific news or articles referencing past events.
The deadline is 5pm Sunday for publication in the coming week’s edition (Tuesday morning).
All submissions are to be done via our online form.
- First impressions count. People decide within seconds whether to continue reading something.
- Try to be clear and concise in your writing and use bullets, lists and short sentences. The editorial team will edit content for brevity.
- A logo or photo when appropriate will enhance your article.
- Aim to keep your article below 200 words/800 characters. If the topic is complex, you might want to link to a web page for more information.
- If you do link to a web page, consider how you might reduce the content in your article. Don’t repeat information in your article that can be found via a link.
- We can provide you with statistics on how many people click through your links, which is a great way of assessing interest in your topic/event.
- Avoid repetitive content. If you’re promoting an event, post the full details on week 1, and a single sentence reminder in subsequent weeks with directions for more information.
- The editorial team may need to hold some content to the following week in order to keep Be Informed to a manageable size.