Scouting needs to be highly visible across Victoria so people can see the positive impact that Scouting has in our local communities.
It is also a great way to welcome new members – both youth members and adult volunteer Leaders. It also helps get supporters on-board.
The Scouts Victoria marketing team is here to help, so that every Group and District can be pro-active in sharing their own good news.
Resources to support local marketing
- Fact Sheets - ideas for local marketing: using our branding, social media, internal comms, and more
- Posters (see our Fact Sheet on Promotional Materials)
- Brochures (see our Fact Sheet on Promotional Materials)
- Videos (online library coming soon)
- Artwork - for auction boards, flyers for local events, etc (see our Fact Sheet on Branding and Design Assets)
- Media releases - a set of template media releases for your local adaptation (coming soon)
Scouts Victoria communications
The Marketing Team also manages a range of communications within Scouting, and to the wider community.
- Scouts Victoria website (you're looking at it!)
- Scouts Victoria social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Be Informed - our weekly e-news to all adults in Scouting (including Rovers)
- Australian Scout magazine - bi-monthly, since 1926
For any enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
These fact sheets will help your Group or District share your story:
|Local marketing ideas
Ideas to raise your local profile, including:
- connecting with local schools, getting involved in community events and festivals.
- developing relationships with businesses and media outlets eg your local newspaper.
- keeping in touch with your local government and state and federal MPs
|Branding and Design Assets
||Using the correct branding and design assets is essential so that we represent ourselves as a unified and contemporary organisation. This fact sheet outlines the branding and design assets available to members of Scouts Victoria including logos, style manuals and templates plus instructions for organising signage and requests for customised design work.
||Frequently, Scout Groups/Formations are keen to acquire promotional materials for community events and the like. This fact sheet covers what promotional material and display signage is currently available including types, quantities, pricing (if applicable) and processes for ordering and collecting/distributing items.
|Member Communication Channels
||Often members of Scouts Victoria need to reach other members of Scouts Victoria to share information about an upcoming event, a training activity and so on. This fact sheet provides information on the marketing and communications channels available to members of Scouts Victoria including Be Informed (weekly enews), Australian Scout (magazine) and Scouts Victoria Facebook page.
||The online space has never been more relevant for Scout Groups, for promotion and communication. It's cost effective and efficient, and the technology is usually quite user-friendly. This fact sheet outlines out recommendations on the best online options for Groups and other formations in terms of websites (including domain names), social media and online document sharing.
|Advertising opportunities for external organisations
||It's no surprise that organisations are interested in promoting their products/services to the members of Scouts Victoria. We have limited advertising opportunities available via Be Informed and Australian Scout (magazine) as detailed in this fact sheet prepared for those external organisations interested in advertising with us. Advertising is also restricted to organisations and offerings that are aligned with the ethos of Scouting.