Champions for Nature Challenge
The Champions for Nature Challenge is part of the WOSM Earth Tribe program. It is a partnership between WOSM and the WWF. It directly contributes to Sustainable Development Goal 2 – Zero Hunger, Goal 11 – Sustainable Cities and Communities, Goal 12 – Responsible Consumption and Production, Goal 13 – Climate Action, Goal 14 – Life Below Water and Goal 15 – Life On Land.
Youth members undertaking the Champions for Nature Challenge will develop their knowledge and skills to design new ways that improve consumption habits for both themselves and others within their community.
On the right sleeve as part of the Better World Framework badges.
Utilising the Champions for Nature Challenge Action Kit complete the following:
- Get hands on
- Joey Scouts - At least 2 activities of 10-15 minutes each
- Cub Scouts - At least 2 activities of 10-15 minutes each
- Scouts - At least 3 activities of 30-60 minutes each
- Venturer - At least 3 activities of 30 minutes to 4 hours each
- Rover - At least 3 activities of 30 minutes to 4 hours each
Plan your next move – Community service project
- Joey Scouts - A minimum of 30 minutes
- Cub Scouts - A minimum of 30 minutes
- Scouts - A minimum of 2 hours
- Venturers - A minimum of 2 hours
- Rovers - A minimum of 2 hours
Hints & Tips
The Action Kit, Implementation Manual and further information about this Challenge can be found at earthtribe.scout.org/champions-for-nature.html