Peak Award - Queen's Scout Award
The Queen's Scout Award remains the highest award you can earn in the Venturer Section, is the most recognised Scout youth award in the community and is considered the pinnacle of your Scouting at this stage and is a milestone in your Scouting life.
The Queen's Scout Award requires the approval of the Unit Council, and all the award requirements must be completed and approved before the Venturer Scout progresses to the Rover Scout Section.
Queen's Scout Award - Notice of Completion form - once completed the form must be emailed to email@example.com
Achieving the Queen's Scout Award
To be awarded the Queen's Scout Award, Venturers need to: -
- Complete Milestone 3 (Milestone 1 and Milestone 2 are optional)
Outdoor Adventure Skills
- Have achieved Stage 5 in all three Core Areas of Bushcraft, Bushwalking and Camping
- Progress 12 Stages during the Section or since achieving their Australian Scout Award
- At least four of these Stage progressions must include achievement of Stage 4 or above in any skill area (can include advancement of Core skills, if not previously achieved)
Special Interest Areas
- Complete 6 Projects in a least 3 Special Interest Areas
- Each Project is a minimum 12-hour duration including Plan>Do>Review>
- Plan> and lead an Adventurous Journey of at least 4 days / 3 nights' duration.
- A maximum of two Venturer Scouts may plan and lead the journey.
Personal Development Course
- Attend a weekend Personal Development or Leadership Course
- Upon completion of the elements that make up the Queen's Scout Award, the Venturer Scout then Reviews> their journey through the Section.
Queen's Scout Award Resources