From 11:59 pm July 27, 2021 Victoria moves out of lockdown. We expect the following restrictions to be in place until 11:59 pm Tuesday August 10, 2021.
Face-to-face Scouting activities indoors and outdoors in Victoria can resume within strict limits.
- Outdoor activities for up to 300 youth participants* in multiple Units or groups of up to 50 participants* each.
- Indoor activities for a maximum of 100 per indoor space, subject to 1 person per 4sqm density quotient.
- Nominated COVID Check-in Marshal required to ensure use of QR Code or attendance record for youth members.
- Overnight camping in groups of up to 50 participants* in single person tents.
- Masks still need to be worn indoors and outdoors unless an exemption applies.
- Hall hires can resume but they must follow the restrictions for the relevant industry sector.
- Sleepovers cannot be undertaken at halls.
- Campsites can accept private bookings, each booking limited to a single household.
- Campsites can host multiple school groups if groups are kept apart.
- Travel to regional Victorian Alpine Resorts permitted providing visitors have had a COVID test within 72 hours of departing Melbourne.
* Limits for youth program activities only apply to participants. Those required to run the activity, such as Leaders, adult helpers, trainers, rostered parents, carers, etc are in addition to the limits.
- You must contact email@example.com if you are planning an activity that involves interstate travel where a permit to re-enter Victorian is required. Interstate travel includes disembarking on the NSW side of the Murray River.
- This requirement is in addition to any other notifications that are required.
- This does not apply to members and Groups in the NSW-Victorian Border Community who are undertaking activities within the NSW-Victorian Border Community area. The Victorian Government has announced an update to the NSW LGAs that are part of the NSW-Victorian Border Community.
- Face masks must still be worn indoors or outdoors if you are 12yo or over unless an exemption applies. Refer to further information on Face Masks in the FAQs.
Generic COVIDSafe Plans for Scouts Victoria activities
These generic COVIDSafe Plans can either be used as is or modified to suit your situation.
Attendance Record and QR Codes
A record must be taken of all people who attend an indoor or outdoor Scouting activity. This includes youth members, Leaders (including visiting District leaders), helpers, carers, parents, visitors, etc.
A COVID Check-in Marshal is required for indoor activities. A COVID Check-in Marshal can be a nominated Leader, Adult Helper or Youth Member, etc who is responsible for ensuring that all attendees check-in using a QR Code or attendance record. The COVID Check-In Marshal can undertake other activities, but their primary responsibility should be to ensure all attendees check-in.
The Victorian Government QR Code Service must be used for Leaders, parents, helpers, visitors.
Refer to the FAQs on Record Keeping and QR Codes.
A revised version of the Scouts Victoria Room Poster showing capacity etc is available here. Scouts Victoria Room Poster (Updated Sep 30)
For queries about this direction or any other coronavirus related issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org