Stronger Communities - Round 8
The Stronger Communities Programme supports the Australian Government’s commitment to delivering social benefits in communities across Australia.
Round 8 of the program will provide $22.7 million to fund small capital projects in each of the 151 federal electorates.
Electorate's have a total funding of up to $150,000 each that can be allocated to successful applications. A maximum of 20 projects will be funded in each electorate and up to $20,000 of funding per Group.
Each MP must identify potential applicants and projects in their electorate and invite them to apply for a grant.
Invited applications will be assessed against the program’s eligibility criteria through a closed non-competitive process.
Groups should reach out to their local MP and discuss their proposed projects. You can find your local MP's details here.
Projects can be for capital works or equipment. Some examples may be:
- upgrades, construction and fit-out of halls
- kitchen upgrades
- equipment purchases such as computers, TVs and furniture, fixtures and fittings
- acquisition and installation of equipment, including ICT hardware and associated operating software and initial user licences
- upgrade of facilities to provide disabled access
- upgrade or installation including shade/shelters
The grant is open and closes on Wednesday May 10 at 5pm.
Please note each MP will have different close dates for expressions of interest so please refer to the information under your electorate below for your local closing date!
If your Group is nominated by your local MP please email email@example.com as soon as you are notified.
- More information click here
- For your letter of incorporation click here
- You can refer to our Grants for Groups factsheet for any details you may need to complete the form.
If you need any assistance please contact the fundraising team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Federal Electorate Information
To find which electorate your Group is in, head to: https://electorate.aec.gov.au/